The Lake Bunggee Flood & Erosion Control and Tax District is a private community of approximately 400 properties located in Woodstock, Connecticut. The Tax District is managed by a nine person Board of Directors who are duly elected by the property owners of the District.
The District phone number is 860-974-2819
The District mailing address is P.O. Box 231, Woodstock, CT 06281
Individual Board members may be contacted by e-mail by sending a message using the "Contact the Board" portion of this website.
The next regular monthly meeting of the District Board of Directors will be held:
See the Board Communications section of the website a few days before the meeting. The final planned agenda will be posted on that section of the website. All lake property owners are welcome.
On Monday holidays, and some other dates, or because a planned meeting space may not be available, the date and/or location may be changed. If you are planning to come to a Board meeting, check here the day of the meeting for any changes.
How to run for office – May 2,2020
· Any property owner within the Lake Bunggee community can run for any office to serve on the Board of Directors
· All incumbent or challengers must notify the LBTD President of their intent to run before 12:00 noon on April 1, 2020.
· All incumbents/challengers must submit their notification to the President using our LBTD Website. Select the President from the “Contact the Board of Directors” section.
· In the note to the President, please provide your name, email address, and the Position you are seeking to run for. IMPORTANT: if you do not receive a response from the LBTD President within 24 hours, please resubmit
· Individuals can select and run for one position
· The final names and associated positions will be posted on the LBTD website on April 4, 2020. LBTD Positions are: President; Vice President; Treasuer; Tax Collector; Clerk; Lake & Beaches Chair, Compliance Chair; Building & Zoning Chair. Please note - ANY property owner noted on property deed may run for a position on the LBTD BOD.
INFORM 2/18/2020 the phone system is down To contact a board member please click on 'Contacting The Board' and e mail the member you want
Inform - Election Status - Compliance Chair is unfilled. The President position is being vacated. Remember you can run for any position that is currently filled. Please consider running for the BOD at our May bi-annual.
INFORM - The use of ATV's on LBTD Roads - Dirt bikes and ATV's are not allowed on lake roads.
Our two Lake Bunggee boat launches have been fitted with RED locks, which are owned by the Bungay Fire Brigade. Please do not attempt to remove them or tamper with them. Thank you!
Boat registrations forms can be found on this website and a copy will be mailed in mid-April to property owners in the Call to Meeting documentation. GUEST BOATS MUST BE REGISTERED with the LBTD BOD before entering the water. It is essential that boats going into the lake have not been in any other body of water for at least 7 days prior to launch.